There are many factors that play into whether or not you should invest in window replacement services for your house or commercial building.
- Is it a good investment?
- Is it worth the cost?
- How do I know if my windows are bad?
- How long do windows last?
Whether you are doing it yourself or hiring a professional window installer, window replacement is always something to focus on in order to enhance the value, look and efficiency of your home.
Is Window Replacement A Good Investment?
From functionality to comfort, window replacement proves to be a good investment time and time again for any homeowner.
- Beauty – Whether you need vinyl, wood, fiberglass or aluminum, replacing your windows will help to convey the look and feel you have always wanted for your home. The investment in your windows can even improve the overall curb appeal of your home from the outside which is good for not only now but also when thinking about selling your home later on down the road.
- Function – When buying a house, windows are not always top of mind on areas to inspect. As you purchased your home, you may have realized there are windows that do not open or were not conveniently placed to where you would have liked or imagined them. Professional window replacement may be worth the investment to make your windows exactly how you’d like your home to function.
- Comfort – If your home is not keeping you warm in the winter or cool in the summer, it is time to consider window replacement as a valuable option. High quality, professionally installed windows help provide energy efficiency as well as comfort to the inhabitants of the home. A peaceful and comfortable home is a positive sign of a good investment.
- Return on Investment – If you are thinking of selling your home, increasing your curb appeal with a new window replacement project can help set your house above the rest. Buyers may notice the comfort benefits as they tour your open house getting you a higher return on investment because you replaced your windows.
How Long Do I Have Before My House Needs Window Replacement?
Residential windows are designed to last 15 – 20 years before needing to be replaced. Even high quality brands eventually weaken, break down or become less efficient. Once your windows approach the 20 year mark, it is time to consider a window replacement project done by professional window installers to make sure everything is done properly and as efficiently as possible.
How Do I Know My House Needs Window Replacement?
There are many signs that your house may need window replacement. Whether you attempt a DIY project or hire a professional for your window replacement these are the top 4 factors to consider when it might be time to invest in new windows.
- High Energy Bills – if you are feeling cold air pass through your windows, you should consider window replacement to lower your energy costs in the cold of winter with efficient windows.
- Window Operation – If your windows require force or pressure to open or close it might be time to replace them. Efficient windows should open and close effortlessly.
- Decaying Frames & Leaky Windows – As older wooden frames decay they can get exposed to moisture which may be time to replace them. If your windows are leaking water it is also a sign of poor installation or a failed sealed unit and may be time for a window replacement.
- Soundproofing – The best energy efficient windows absorb sound waves before they enter your home, allowing you peace and quiet in the comforts of your house. If the sounds of cars and such are growing as time passes, your house may be ready for new windows.
There are many factors that can go into whether your house needs its windows replaced. If you are looking for a way to enhance the overall beauty and efficiency of your home or building get in touch with Five Seasons Windows. Our expert window installers out of Denver, Colorado are here to make sure your windows not only look great but are providing the best return on investment for you. Whether it is window replacement for your home or new window installation for your business, we have everything you need for a clean, fast and successful project! We look forward to hearing from you! Give us a call for a free estimate at 720-465-6728 to get started!
What to Know About Window Replacement